Solaris Network Administration
This course imparts the skills required for performing network administration activities. Candidates become proficient in configuring and troubleshooting LANs, i.e. local area networks. The training prepares candidates for exam essentials, which include:
- Configuration of Network Interface Layer
- Configuration of Network
- Configuration and Management of Network Applications
- Configuration of Solaris IP Filter
Participants gain understanding on concepts such as:
- IP (Internet Protocol) routing
- Solaris IP Filter firewall
- IPv6, i.e. IP version 6
- DHCP, i.e. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- DNS, i.e. Domain Name System
Students are also introduced to TCP/IP Model, Ethernet Interfaces, and LAN and its components. In addition, they learn Transport Layer fundamentals, as well as ARP and RARP.
Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator
- Regular Track: Any candidate with basic knowledge Solaris administration and networking.
- Fast Track: Candidate with intermediate knowledge of Solaris system administration and networking.
- Super Fast Track: Candidate with strong knowledge of Solaris system administration.
Introducing the TCP/IP Model
Introducing LANs and Their Components
Describing Ethernet Interfaces
Describing ARP and RARP
Configuring Internet Protocol
Configuring IP Network Multipathing
Describing the Transport Layer
Configuring the Solaris IP Filter Firewall